It's spring! Reboot your enthusiasm with these tips . . .
May 2, 2019
The long stretch from the end of the winter holiday season until the next break in your routine can feel like eternity. If you feel the need to reboot your enthusiasm as the spring season arrives, try these tips:
- Change your diet. Making just one step toward eating better can reboot your whole mindset toward how you feed your body. Consider adding one fruit or vegetable to each meal in place of one dessert or snack item. You’ll feel more energetic in just a few days.
- Refresh your look. If you have been sticking to wintry colors, now is the time to break out some lighter hued clothing. Digging far back in your closet to find something brighter? You might want to tackle a closet clean out while you are at it.
- Declutter. If you do tackle a closet clean out, why not another room? There’s nothing like a good room declutter to make you feel lighter and more in control. An obvious place to start is your office. Once you clean things out there, you’ll likely be more productive.
- Indulge in a retreat. Taking even just a few days off can help you regain your perspective and feel more energetic. You don’t have to go far, either. Staying at home and having some “me” time can be just as productive as going on an exotic retreat.
- Reboot your sleep routine. If you are consistently exhausted, consider establishing a regular sleep routine. Go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time during every 24-hour cycle. Stop eating 12 hours before you want to wake up, and avoid screen time starting a few hours before bedtime.
- Cutback your calendar. Having too many commitments leads to stress and feeling overwhelmed. Make a plan to scratch anything from your schedule that doesn’t energize you, and then add things that are important to you so they don’t get pushed to the back burner.
- Freshen up your finances. If your finances are stressing you out, consider talking to a professional who can help you get back in control of your money. Also, identify small changes you can make to slash expenses. From eating out less to nixing digital subscriptions, you’ll be amazed how much you can save.
Spring is just around the corner—the perfect time to apply a few of these tips to recapture your enthusiasm and fuel your energy!
Back to List